Do you consider yourself innovative, a problem solver and creative? Want to contribute to the growth of the Arab world? Have an invention or business idea to make health, environment, engineering, or entrepreneurship even better? Then AINAC is the place to showcase your ideas.
What is AIN innovation Competition 2013 “3andak Hal”?
The AIN Innovation Competition is unique. It provides a platform for talented, young, innovative Arabs to showcase their ideas in front of an international audience, get feedback from experts in the field, whilst providing the exposure necessary to promote any great innovation!
The competition is divided into four themes, which AIN sees as high-priority areas for the Arab region. They are:
Are you up for the challenge?
Who can join?
Young innovators are welcome to join the competition. In order to be eligible to enter the competition, you must be a(n):
- Arab i.e. a holder of an Arab citizenship.
- University-level undergraduate or graduate student holding no more than a Master degree.
- Young professional with no more than 5 years experience.
- A senior employee, a PhD holder or faculty member may serve as an advisor on a project, but the young innovator (as classified above) should carry out the work.
- Note that your university or organisation where you work does not have to be in the Arab region.
- The idea should be classifiable under one of the four themes i.e. health, environment, engineering or entrepreneurship.
- Competitors may submit applied research projects/business proposals completed at university or prepared for an organisation. In this case, competitors must seek the approval of their university or organisation to ensure that no copyright and/or classified information rules are being breeched.
Other than meeting like-minded budding innovators such as yourselves, the competition will allow you to:
- Present YOUR ideas and creativity to solve pressing problems in the region!
- Get feedback and ideas from renowned innovators to continuously improve YOUR idea!
- Winners will be able to further develop their ideas into PLANS in an exclusive AIN Innovation Camp in the heart of Cambridge!
What is our prize? AIN Scholar Innovation Camp
Our awards are worth 10,000 GBP, but we do things differently!
First-place winners (one team from each category)will be given the opportunity to further develop their ideas and skills in what we call the ‘AIN Scholars Innovation Camp.’ The camp will take place in Cambridge (Travel and accommodation will be fully funded by AIN).
During the AIN scholars’ camp, the AIN Innovation Competition winners will undergo one final assessment; giving one team the chance to win £2000 towards further developing their idea. This amount will be awarded as a stipend, and a supervisor will be assigned to monitor progress.
This means that you will be competing directly against your colleagues in the field. If you are a student or young professional, then are you up for the challenge?